Monday, February 9, 2015

Taking Pumping in the Office to a Whole Different Level



Going back to office after spending months at home with the little one was not easy, all the fuss about fitting pumping sessions every 2-3 hours between meetings, discussions and e-mails, while the nursing room took 10 mins trip itself! I could imagine how my boss and colleagues would frustrate over how much I disappear during working hours plus the overtime I gotta take to cover up for all the time spent pumping.

So, one day I decided it was time to take pumping to a whole different level with Nyonya Nursing Wear. First was pumping right there at my desk, between my colleagues -- picture a working lady with a breast pump attached, one hand holding the pump, and the other hand typing, replying emails. Suprising, eh? Yep, that was me. It was awkward at first, all the noise from my electric pump in between office buzz, attracting laughs and raised eyebrows from anyone passing by. However, just like any other things, new things became just another thing as time passed by. I was wearing Phoebe with blazer, by the way -- my all time favorite, very convenient to combine with any outer and very comfortable to be worn on its own during lunch time.

Behold, behold, the story I just told you was nothing! At peak periods, when endless meetings came bombarding, I had no other choice but to fit in the pumping fuss IN THE MIDDLE of those meetings. You read it right, I pumped while the discussions went on. Again, it was rather awkward for the first few times, but then, I did not expose anything inappropriate (thanks to the best nursing wear), so I only got 'Whaaat, really?' less than five times and there, everyone settled and got used to it.

Office aside, my baby boy feeds EVERY hour, 2 hours if I were lucky, so wherever I take him, I gotta be wearing Nyonya for the sake of instant breastfeeding and staying stylish. For this purpose, I also keep Raquel, Terry, Vidya, Mika, Stella ready for any occassions, along with Nadia, Stella and Irene for those sleepy late night nursing sessions (I try to avoid nursing cover most of the time -- it isn't as practical and after a while it feels humid and my baby boy sweats uncontrollably).

All in all, with Nyonya Nursing Wear, I could maintain my productivity at office and managed to go home on time (very important for a working mom, time is priceless!) plus they keep me looking presentably professional and stylish. Isn't it interesting to see how nursing evolve into something so daily that it could be done in public, kicking off the outdated taboo? Thank goodness, again, for Nyonya Nursing Wear!

P.S. About my NNW collection: Yes, I'm one addicted momma! #NNWforLife

-Margaret Hanafi, Alam Sutera, Tangerang-
First Place Winner of NyoNya Nursing Wear Story Contest

No comments:

Post a Comment